Welcome to the website for Talent Development Reporting Principles (TDRp) and its home, the Center for Talent Reporting. TDRp is a groundbreaking, industry-led initiative to bring standard principles and reporting to all human capital processes. The effort was launched in October 2010 by Kent Barnett from Knowledge Advisors and Tamar Elkeles from Qualcomm. They brought together thought leaders and prominent practitioners to oversee the development of guiding principles, standard measures, statements, and reports – much like the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) provide for accountants. We started with learning and development, and we now have the framework in place including definition of measures and sets of standard statements and reports for all key human capital processes. Learn more about TDRp by reading our Introduction to TDRp paper.
The Center for Talent Reporting (CTR) was formed in October 2012 as a 501c6 not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to develop and promote the adoption of reporting standards for human capital that meet the needs of senior executives, talent management leaders, program managers, and other stakeholders. It is our vision that Talent Development Reporting principles are broadly accepted and widely employed as the world-class reporting standard for all human capital processes. Funding comes from memberships and our founding sponsors. Governance is provided by a nine-member board of directors, including a Standards Committee, and an Advisory Council. Members have access to a measures library (with over 500 measures), more than 60 sample statements and reports in excel, and detailed guidance on implementing TDRp. Click to find out more about us, sponsorship opportunities and membership.
We hope you will find TDRp to be invaluable resource in managing your human capital and in demonstrating its value.
The Center for Talent Reporting is a 501c6 nonprofit, membership-based organization established in August 2012 to develop and promote standards for human capital reporting. The center is incorporated in the state of Colorado. Official address is 2123 Cape Hatteras Ct, Windsor, CO 80550.
Improve and standardize the measurement, reporting, and management of human capital to deliver significant business value.
Talent Development Reporting principles are broadly accepted and widely employed as the world-class reporting and management standard for all human capital processes.
The Center will accomplish its mission and realize its vision by
- Developing written standards for talent development reporting measurement, reporting, and management processes
- Creating written guidance for use of the standards
- Providing examples of statements and reports
- Providing answers, direction and coaching to practitioners
- Conducting workshops, conferences, and webinars. Participants will come from the general public, members, sponsors, partners, consultants, and software providers.
- Speaking about TDRp at conferences and meetings
- Writing about TDRp, including the publication of books, manuals, white papers, technical guidance, job aids and performance support tools
- Creating a professional certification for practitioners, certification for software providers, and accreditation for organizations
- Maintaining a website dedicated to TDRp, including a blog
- Maintaining communities of practice
- Working towards SHRM/ANSI/ISO standards
- Supporting sponsors and partners in their TDRp implementation or consulting practice
- Advocating for the adoption of TDRp in particular and reporting & management standards for HR in general
The Center is governed by a nine-member Board of Directors composed of leading practitioners and industry thought leaders. The Board meets at least four times per year and has four standing committees: executive, finance, nominating, and standards. The Center also benefits from the guidance provided by the CTR Advisory Council which meets four times per year.
- Chair: Patti Phillips, President & CEO ROI Institute
- Treasurer: Jeff Higgins, CEO, Human Capital Management Institute
- Secretary: Carrie Beckstrom, VP Learning & Performance, ADP
- Cushing Anderson, Program VP, IDC
- Jeff Carpenter, CEO, Caveo Learning
- Joshua Craver, VP Talent Management, Western Union
- Kimo Kippen, VP Global Workforce Initiatives, Hilton
- Jean Martin, Executive Director, Talent Solutions Architect, CEB
- Brenda Sugrue, Chief Learning Officer, EY
The Advisory Council is composed of Platinum, Gold, and Silver sponsors. It provides guidance to the Board on the development and promotion of TDRp as well as the management of the Center.
Advisory Council Members
- Justin Taylor, Director MTM Professional Services, A CEB Company
- Gary Schafer, President, Caveo Learning
- Laura Rexford, Client Loyalty, Skillsoft Corporation
- Kristin Shackelford, Learning Consultant, Skillsoft Corporation
- Jenny Murnane PhD, Director, Human Capital Lab, Bellevue University
Funding for the Center is provided primarily by individual memberships, corporate memberships, sponsorships, workshop income, and conference income.
Memberships are on a by-name basis and are available at the regular, corporate, student, and partner rates. Student membership is available at a discounted rate. Corporate and partner rates are available for quantity purchases of individual memberships.
Partnerships are available at four levels: Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Each Partner level conveys a different bundle of benefits, including a number of free regular memberships and free passes to workshops and the annual conference.
CTR will enter into partnerships with select organizations to promote TDRp and offer TDRp workshops, especially outside the U.S.
The Center’s Bylaws are available on the website.
The Center operates on a calendar-year fiscal year and employs the cash basis for accounting.
- 2012 Income Statement (partial year, August 30-December 31)
- 2012 Balance Sheet
- 2013 Income Statement
- 2013 Balance Sheet
- 2014 Balance Sheet
- 2014 Income Statement
- 2015 Balance Sheet
- 2015 Income Statement
CTR Staff Biographies
David Vance, Executive Director
2123 Cape Hatteras Ct.
Windsor, CO USA 80550-3536
Peggy Parskey, Assistant Director
908 S. Burnside Avenue
Los Angeles, CA USA 90036-4743
Andy Vance, Director of Operations
Kevin Jones, CTR Alumni